Please feel free to share your comments. Your modesty and courtesy is appreciated.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Daddy Cares

Ok, so I wasn't going to write a new post just yet but my baby Hailey has been bugging me all morning to write something---anything and since she can't spell quite yet she thought I should go ahead and do it for her. I said ok but then I thought, what do I write about? So I went to the bank and came back with this simple story.


At the bank I saw a younger lady holding her baby as she was walking on the sidewalk not far from where I was standing at the ATM machine. Just then, a man up the block a few hundred feet began hollering and trash began to pour from his from his mouth. One shouldn't be surprised, right? He was pushing a stroller with a 2-3 ish year-old little girl.
The perfect setting for me, a new daddy of a baby girl. Then it happened, the hollering, cussing, anger filled man came to the ATM machine where I had just been seconds before. As he walked closer he ordered the lady (girlfriend, wife?) with the baby in her arms to get him something or do something. It was hard to tell what exactly between all the cussing he was doing. He continued his string of filth words once at the ATM. I couldn't take it anymore so I called attention to his language and especially for the little girl in the stroller. He told me he didn't care. Of course he didn't, but I responded that God does. The little girl was about to cry and I told him I had something for him---it was a million dollar bill tract with information about what happens after a person dies without the God of universe as Lord and Savior. Naturally, the man ignored me after I had told him the cussing mattered to God so I just handed the tract to the girl in the stroller.

Sadly, trash like that comes from people's mouths daily and much, much worse. If it made me feel sad, what must the righteous Judge of the universe think? To see oppression on this earth in any form gives me a glimpse of what Jesus was feeling/thinking at the time of the cross and yet He went to the cross to pay the penalty for sin anyway. Still, I sometimes wonder why God allows the kids to grow up in these environments. I believe God showed me this story today for some reason if not for the simple reminder of how He truly wants His child to raise His children for His glory and honor.

2 comments:

Reada said...

I am so blessed to be a mommy with you as our little girl's daddy!

wow - when the Holy Spirit speaks to our soul about stuff!

love you lots! ten times more lately it seems!!

Dinybaby said...

Wow! This just touched my heart! It is apparent that the man with the dirt mouth does not care. The Lord knows and this man will give account one day. I hope his little girl is spared and will come to know Jesus.
Love you, Dianna