Please feel free to share your comments. Your modesty and courtesy is appreciated.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Day to Turn Around














I've written before around this time of year.
I've written about Halloween and what this day means to the world and to Christians. I posted that writing on my old website and so I will try to avoid going off on a tangent about the horrors (excuse the pun) of this day. Besides the fact that it's Satan's day of celebration and the fact that many people don't have a clue what kind of satanic junk happens on this day because to them it's just a day to have fun, this day is like any other day. Oh, I forgot to mention the many animal sacrifices which take place by those who have been taken captive by Satan to do his will and the many kids that will die or be abducted because they are wrapped up with other people who are held captive by Satan to do his will and go to drinking parties. These are true horrors of this day and yet many sick things happen every day. This sadly is reality but many of us forget that each day we forget God, neglect prayer, reading our Bible and taking opportunity to fellowship with other Believers, etc. that the devil gets another win in our life. This happens all the time too.

My prayer is that we as Christians get back to fighting the war against the enemy. I speak to myself in writing this because lately the battles have seemed quite heavy and intense. You probably will agree. If you said you agree, I would also hope you would see the need to support each other. We get caught up in this thing called 'life' and pretty soon Satan pulls another fast one on us and before we know what hit us, he strikes again and again and then we're nearly buried. We can't let this happen if we call ourselves Christians.

How often do you ask yourself, if you really trust Christ for everything during everything that is happening whether good or bad? If I say I believe He is the Creator of the Universe and I trust God Almighty to sustain me then why do I neglect His things? Recently, I was reading about Jesus Christ being our Advocate in time of sin etc.. Read 1 John 2; 1 John 4. Think about this---We get to talk to the Creator of the Universe through Jesus Christ who is Lord over all and yet we in many cases are letting Satan have his way in our lives. Something doesn't seem right with this picture. We call upon Christ and call Him Lord and yet we let Satan win the battles. We should be crushing Satan through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit within us. But we're not.
We're not crushing him because we are getting our eyes on stuff. Life stuff. We're not going after God. We're choosing the stuff we want and the stuff we love in the world instead of what God wants and desires for us. We don't need Halloween to get us distracted. We have each day filled with distractions. Knowing all this, let me borrow a term I recently heard from a presidential candidate that is we need to "be on the offense". We need to go on offense rather than be on defense because than it's probably to late to beat the attack.

Let gets ready for the attack we are going to be confronted with before we're already engaged. When the temptation comes or as I call it--- when the attack arrives, attack back through Christ's supernatural strength in you!
I want to ask that we each pray after you read this. I will pray right now about asking God to revive us to want to please Him and stop pleasing ourselves. Admittedly, I've been struggling with believing in the power of prayer but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be praying before the attack arrives. A command from Scripture is to pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17


Additional Note:
Humboldt County (along with the world) is under a great blanket of deception by the power of Satan. But the power of God is ultimately greater.
I've been told an interesting thing. Arcata use to be called Union town and it wasn't about labor unions. The union was referring to the biblical concept of the Godhead (the Trinity)---God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Apparently, I've been told Arcata had been a vibrant town of Christians.

God is greater than Satan and God wants to use willing vessels to serve Him. Are you willing and ready?


Scripture Post for today 1 John 2:1
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1 John 4:4

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a good blog. I wrote an editorial to the Eureka Reporter but they did not print it. It was to offensive. Danny

Alison said...

Hi Tim,

You may or may not remember me, but my last name used to be Hayhoe and my grandparents were Art and Merle Miller. Hope all is well---and congratulations on your wedding!

I was reading your sister's blog and came across yours. It's cool to see you use the law in your witnessing. My husband, Bill, is very passionate about witnessing and about using the same method to reach people. He goes street witnessing every weekend. You might want to check out his blog, Fisher of Men, at http://billphillips.wordpress.com.

Alison